Services operating normally with new delivery safety procedures
As we are all aware, our daily lives are being changed by the current Coronavirus situation. Delivered and APC Overnight are taking all precautions while working to continue to provide a good service and look after the welfare of our staff. Taking into account advice from the Government and PHE our revised procedures for deliveries which require a signature are as follows:
Deliveries to business premises
- Ask where the customer would like the parcel to be placed maintaining a 2-metre distance from business staff wherever possible
- Explain that because we are taking extra precautions over Coronavirus, we do not require a signature
- Ask the recipient’s name and enter into the surname field
- Enter CV into the signature field
For deliveries to residential addresses
- Place parcel on doorstep
- Knock on door
- Step back two metres
- Explain to occupant that due to extra precautions over Coronavirus we will not requiring a signature
- Ask their name and enter into the surname field
- Enter CV into signature field
These procedures are designed for the benefit of both the delivery driver and the consignee.
All services are operating as usual – though please allow extra time for international consignments – except for the APC Overnight pre-9am service which has been temporarily suspended in order to ease some pressure on the Network and drivers. All other timed delivery options remain available.APC Overnight Alterations
Most APC Overnight services are operating as usual but please note these suspensions/alterations:
- Pre-9am service suspended (all other timed delivery options remain available)
- No customer collection from depots
- Contact Delivered before booking consignments of live fish
- PURs are for next day collection only, no same day collections
Important! With many businesses closing as “non essential” we are seeing more goods which cannot be delivered and will be returned to sender. Please ensure that your customers are available to receive the goods as additional costs may be incurred for returned items.
Obviously this is a fast moving situation and we will keep you informed of any developments.